Oreo And Rum Truffles


      I just love truffles and since I started making my own I haven't bought any. To be completely honest is not because I don't like them, is only because I like combining my favorite ingredients and play with different textures. This version is similar to the Eggnog Truffles I made a little while ago with the addition of one of my favorite biscuit. This adds a bit more texture to the truffles and cuts down the sweetness.     

   - 150 g white chocolate chips
   - 60 ml double cream
   - 2 tbs melted butter
   - 1 tbs dark rum
   - 1 tsp ground nutmeg

   - 6-7 Oreo biscuits

For decorating
   - icing sugar
   - melted white chocolate



   

     Melt the chocolate, cream, butter, rum and nutmeg in a bowl on a water bath, mixing until well combined.
     Crush the biscuits until you get fine crumbs then mix it with the cream.
     
     When the cream has set, cover your hands in icing sugar and start forming the balls the size of a walnut. If the cream becomes soft put it in the fridge for a few minutes and continue until you finish the truffle mixture.

     When you finish forming the balls, cover them with melted white chocolate or in crushed Oreo biscuit and put in the fridge until the chocolate has set.













Comments