Creamy Hummus With Aubergine




    I absolutely love hummus, great as a dip with carrot or celery sticks. As much as I love it I always wish it could be a bit creamier but that is until I discovered this recipe. This reminds me of the dip that my Nan makes every summer with aubergines, mayo and onion. I know I say this all the time but this is really my favorite recipe at this time. I could eat this every day.

   - 250 g chickpeas
   - 2 aubergines
   - 3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
   - the juice of half a small lemon
   - 3 tbsp olive oil
   - 2 garlic cloves
   - 1 small white onion
   - salt and pepper



     Place the aubergines with the skin on, in a pan with no oil and fry on all sides until soft and cooked. When done place aside and leave to cool. When the aubergines have cooled down peel the skin off and place into a blender. Peel off the skin off the chickpeas and add the the to the blender with the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together until you get a creamy hummus. If is too thick add a drop of water from the chickpea can or do what I did and add more lemon juice. I would advise to taste before adding anything else. When happy with the consistence add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Keep in the fridge in a bowl covered with clingfilm. As you can see this recipe is easy to make and doesn't require a long time to be ready.

Visit our facebook group Cook With Anamaria to keep up to date with new recipes and ideas for your next meal.
 





Comments