Rice Pudding


   I am sure most of you had this when you were young and have fond memories about this recipe. Whenever I make this it just makes me happy and transports me in my Nan's kitchen with all the kids around the table. I wish my daughter will from now on built up memories like this.

   - 600ml whole milk
  - 66g rice
   - 1 egg
   - 50g sugar
   - 1 tsp vanilla extract
   - a pinch of salt
   - cinnamon or jam optional

   Bring the  milk and rice to the boil with the pinch of salt, then let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is soft. Stir from time to time so it doesn't stick.


   When the rice is soft mix the egg and the sugar until smooth and light in color. Add 1/3 of the hot milk on to the eggs and mix until well combined .



Add the eggs mixture to the rest of the rice and simmer on a low heat for another 5 minutes mixing all the time being careful not to let it boil. Serve with cinnamon or cherry jam. I sometimes add dry cranberries or sultanas to the egg mixture.






 ENJOY!!!


 

Comments