Meatballs In Tomato Sauce


      Every time I miss home I make this recipe...and it takes me to my Nan's kitchen on a summer's day or my parent's home on a cold winter's night. Sometimes my Nan used to make potato meatball, but i can't find the recipe. As soon as I do I will post it here for you.

    - 500g mince(pork, beef or both)
   - one egg
   - 4-5 garlic cloves
    - 2 slices of bread(soak it in some milk)
   - 3-4 tbsp of tomato paste
   - beef stock cube
   - salt and pepper

  Put the mince, crushed garlic, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.


      Squeeze all the milk out of the bread and put it with the mince. Mix everything together.


        

     Then put some flour on a plate take some meat with a spoon and roll it in a bit of flour, make small balls which you can leave like that or press them with your palms until flat.


                               Fry the meatballs in a pan with a bit of oil.


    

     When you finished frying all the meatballs put another pan on the heat with a bit of oil and 2 garlic cloves.


      Remove the garlic cloves when they start to go soft, then add the tomato paste and the beef cube stock with a mug of water and half tsp of sugar.


      Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, add more water if you need to. You can add a tsp of flour to thicken the sauce. Serve with mash potatoes.




             ENJOY!!!  and please visit this page for more delicious recipes.

Comments